In
advance, I apologize for the length of this post. I just felt that I
needed to share a few things that have been on my heart. in mind: Come unto Christ.
I have been a minister for over 30 years, and it has been THE most rewarding work I've ever been involved in. I have never been paid for ministry; not one red cent. Our church does not pay its clergy; one serves because of their gifts, not because of money. I mention this because many of my Facebook friends do not belong to the same church in which I serve, and I wish to make clear that my intentions have no financial basis. I believe that we are in the latter days. I believe that our Lord will soon return, and I cannot stand the thought that any one person in my association has not had the opportunity to be acquainted with our Lord, Jesus Christ. Within my Facebook family are those who are believers, those who are agnostic, those who haven't considered Jesus as their savior, and those who don't believe. I wish eternal life for all. Jesus himself said: "if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw ALL men unto me". This is my intent; to point anyone I can in His direction. If I was to tell everyone on Facebook that my friend wanted to give each of us a million dollars just to love him, would you believe it? What if I then showed you the $100,000 cash down payment he gave me; would then consider it? I think you would. First, let us consider whether Jesus was a real person. The Roman scholar Josephus, and the historian Tacitus have entered the name of Jesus as an actual, historical person. I am saving space by not posting the references, but they can be easily found. While some people claim Him to be a myth, many historians actually see Him as an historic person. But this is the easiest claim to settle. The more difficult piece of His person to validate is the pronouncement He made that he was the Son of God. Was Jesus really THE Christ? Unfortunately, we have no first hand witness to his divinity. But, we do have the scriptures. And while we really have no way of testing the claim he made of himself, we can test the claims he made upon those who believe in him, primarily the promise that Jesus himself made that "signs shall follow them that believe". Why those that "believe"? Because the Lord wants to change us from within, not by an outward show, which he battled during his lifetime. If it takes a miracle to convert someone, it will take the occasional miracle to keep them converted. So, have miracles ceased, and what does this have to do with my invitation? The Lord stated through the prophet Malachi " I am the Lord, I change not". So, if He doesn't change, why should He stop creating the same kind of experience for the believer today as He did in days past? It's because of unbelief. Am I saying that the Lord only blesses those who are perfect? No. In fact, He is constantly reaching out to us. Every attempt to draw near to Him will be rewarded by his divine response. So, what subject can we use as a barometer? How about myself. In my 53 years, I have personally heard the Lord speak to me. How do I know? Because the things that I was told came true. I have witnessed miracles, both of healing and circumstance. I have had visions that came true. I have seen angels. I have conversed with those who have gone on before us, and have been in the presence of Jesus himself. Do I share these things in hopes of making a name for myself? No. Do I think these experiences make me "better" than others? Absolutely not; even less. I see these testimonies as a shelter. When my children were young, my daughter would walk, while I would hold her brother. Perhaps a stranger would come up to me and ask if I loved my son more than my daughter. My response would be that I love them both equally, but my son tends to wander off. This is how I see Gods dealings with me. I am still very good at obeying my own will and wandering off. Not only is God real, but he is also very involved in the lives of his creation, and he desires to have this kind of personal relationship with YOU. I know, after exposing myself in this manner, that there will be those that roll their eyes, laugh at me, and consider me a fool. But I will happily accept all of the jokes made on my behalf if only one person who never considered Him, would give Jesus a CHANCE to make Himself known to them, or if one person who has turned away will reconsider their walk with Him. I don't have much, but I have hope. I have my "downs", but I have amazing "ups". When Christ is alive in you, you begin to experience eternal life. John 3:36 tells us: "he who believeth on the Son HATH everlasting life". The word "hath" is present tense. We don't have to wait for death to take us before we start experience eternal life; His promise is that we experience him now, and that we might continue this into eternity. Please accept my invitation to test the Lord at his word. He will not disappoint. If you have questions, or want to talk, feel free to PM me, or call me; my number is on my page. I hope for you the best; and that is Jesus. God bless. |
Scriptural lessons and experiences from 35+ years of ministerial service to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Wednesday, April 25, 2018
Is He Real?
I published this, originally, on Facebook, back in 2016, as an invitation to all. I am including it here, on this blog, for the same purpose:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment